Tuesday 29 March 2016

First Knightsbridge Zentangle

 

First Knightsbridge Zentangle

 oly Trippy Batman! What a difference shading makes!  I used pencils for shading in this one because I recently acquired Eni Oken’s Shading Fearlessly book and I wanted to use the techniques in it, which uses pencil, not grey copics.

I started with basic pattern as seen below.  Nothing fancy really, just some squares with a simple string. Simple. Basic. Boring. 

Knightsbridge Zentangle Before color
Knightsbridge Zentangle Before color

See what I mean? Boooring.

Then I added the black making it the knightsbridge zentangle. I looked at the finished product and shrugged. Meh, it’s better than before but really, nothing to write home about.


Knightsbridge zentangle after color, before shading
Knightsbridge zentangle after color, before shading

Finally I added the shading and WOWZAS! Holy 3D poppiness! From a flat boring square to a totally tubular tangle! I was so impressed with the dimensions that I sued a white pencil crayon to lighten up the black squares in the “tube” where the light would hit.  I LOVE IT!


Knightsbridge 3D zentangle after shading
Knightsbridge 3D zentangle after shading

Next time I’m going to shade each of the white boxes a bit too.  See what sort of difference that makes.

Tools: 1 tile, micron .005 and .5 and .3, white pencil crayon, 2B staedtler pencil (well sharpened), blending stick.


2 comments:

  1. I daw your tangle on Instagram - love it! I love the simplicity and elegance. Good idea to use the white crayon on the black tiles, will definitely try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Dawn! What's your instagram name? I'd love to check out your work too :)

    ReplyDelete