Wednesday 16 March 2016

First Watercolour Challenge

 

First Watercolour Challenge

Watercolor Zentangle Garden Shaded
Watercolor Zentangle Garden Shaded

 

This is my first tile for Eni’s FB grop challenge of using a watercolor background.  This has been a pretty fun challenge so far.  I’ve got a few tiles painted and ready to go.  I followed Eni’s advice and let them dry for 24 hours between waxed paper with heavy books to flatten them out but they still curled a little.  I have no other ideas on how to flatten them, other than to get heavier books :D


I also noticed that the microns tend to bleed a bit with the painted base.  Not sure if others noticed had that issue.  It isn’t a MAJOR issue, but one worth noting.


In this piece I used red and purple watercolor pencils and microns, with copic grey markers for shading.


Figured I'd also add the other watercolor backgrounds I made up and set to dry.


No comments:

Post a Comment