Thursday 5 May 2016

Ruutz and Crux (Sounds like a crime-fighting team)


Double the Challenge, Double the Fun (yet again)

Ruutz and Crux (Sounds like a crime-fighting team)

 


crux and ruutz zentangle shaded
crux and ruutz zentangle shaded



This week Eni challenged us on her Shading Zentangle Facebook page with her own Ruutz pattern.  At the same time, The Diva challenged us with the Zentangle pattern Crux.  It took a little creative thinking to figure out how to combine these two designs, but I’m pretty pleased with what I worked out.

First I had to practice the Crux design.  I’d already done two previous tiles with Ruutz, but Crux was new to me. 

Here is my first Crux Zentangle Pattern tile.  Kinda pretty eh? Changing the widths of the “petal” and lines can really alter this pattern.

Crux Zentangle Shaded
Crux Zentangle Shaded

Then it was on to the double challenge.  Ruutz is a pretty busy pattern on its own, and so is Crux, but I think I made it work. (Patting myself on the back while tooting my own horn and high-fiving myself caused some minor injuries, but fret not, I shall recover)

Here’s the tile before shading:



 

And the final piece! (Forgive the photo quality, it was overcast here today)



6 comments:

  1. Very nice. I love how you made the Crux fold under. Nice use of shading. The Ruutz tangle is a new one to me. I'm still getting a feel for what exactly it is. Your tile turned out very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nicely done, combining the two and such lovely shading! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super work and funny stories to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tile with Great shading! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tile with Crux and Ruutz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how you used Ruutz to break up the Crux. The shading really is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete