Saturday 2 April 2016

Slits Challenge and the Mysterious Mega Zentangle Project


Slits Challenge and the Mysterious Mega Zentangle Project


Slits challenge zentangle
Slits challenge zentangle

First, the slits challenge.  Eni Oken’s FB challenge of the week is to create slits within a zentangle piece.  I didn’t do very well.  It’s supposed to appear like the design is going in or coming out of the paper from a slit, just a gash, not quite a hole.

When I was done with my shading and what not – I really didn’t feel like I’d hit the target.  I was rather disappointed, and was going to ask Eni for guidance until she (psychically? ) posted how to do exactly what I couldn’t get.  No shading the part of the design that laps over the gap in the slit.  For more detail you’ll have to join Eni’s Shading Zentangle FB page to see her awesome worksheet! (Do it, do it now!)

 

I expect to do better next time with this eye-opening revelation.

Now on to the Mysterious Mega Zentangle Project portion of our show… err I mean post.  This is tile #1 for the project.  Kind of gives away a lot, but I can still pretend its Super Mysterious.  At least I wasn’t exaggerating on the Mega part – this is going to take awhile.

This is where you can follow along with the project from the beginning.


Oh and here is my before pic


No comments:

Post a Comment