Wednesday 20 April 2016

Double the Challenge with Spring Shnek


Double the Challenge

Spring has Sprung with Shnek


Shnek Spring Zentangle Shaded
Shnek Spring Zentangle Shaded


Another Double the Challenge, Double the Fun! Following Eni’s weekly challenge to use the zentangle pattern of shnek, and the Diva’schallenge to use a spring string, this is what I came up with.

Though I took a before pic of just the string, I completely forgot to take one after the lines and before the shading which is such a shame because the shading of the lines made all the difference.

This tile will also be added to Eni’s mosaic.

Before Pic:


8 comments:

  1. Wonderful line work and shading

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the spring string tile! I really love Shnek, even tho I can't really draw it very well.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. You combined the two challenges beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the bits at the side of your post before I looked at the work and thought it must be my American doppelgänger. I too always wanted to draw and couldn't. I too "found" Zentangle and a whole new world and I too long to go to Rhode Island. Maybe one day. In the meantime, keep on doing what you're doing - it's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is terrific! I love shnek and you've really done it well here, love all the auras. Delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely tile with great monement!

    ReplyDelete