Tuesday 29 May 2018

The Never-Ending Tree


The Never-Ending Tree



I started this tree sometime last year.  I took a bunch of pictures on my progress as I went along, but then my computer passed away suddenly, and took all of its memories with it. T’was a sad, sad day. 

What I remember from when I started, was that I wanted to use the Rope String as my base for the tree.  I’ve wanted to use it as a base for a tree since I first played with it.  So that’s how it began…

I hit a snag doing the border. It wasn't originally all black - it had a funky design and was to be coloured in blues.  But I messed it up... at around 2am this morning.  So I coloured it in all black and it'll just have to do :)

One of the most valuable lessons I’ve learned (other than to backup my stuff) working a piece that takes a long time, with many delays, is that though my colourful Copic Markers are amazing tools, their brilliance fades over time, not unlike a highlighter.  I’ve been meaning to move onto watercolours and watching this fade-out has giving me that extra push to do so.

Regardless, here is my tree in all of its finished glory.





No comments:

Post a Comment